Friday, August 22, 2014

Breakfast Rules

We had a another fight this week. Yeah I know, fight after fight after fight.

This one started off stupidly.

He likes eggs for breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast. Jam. Has to be the right jam, strawberry or maybe raspberry. Not orange. Not peanut butter. Coffee with cream and sugar.

I know he likes what he likes. Cooked properly. By me. No substitutes.

Occasionally he changes what he wants. Cereal. Pancakes. And we still better have what he wants.

Monday we ran out of eggs. And jam. I knew we were out of eggs. I didn't realize about the jam.

I knew but I had forgotten and then I was tired and I didn't go shopping. Not a big deal right?

But it was. Is. He wakes up cranky and he wants what he wants. His perfect breakfast. If I could have persuaded him to have pancakes that would have been awesome. But it wasn't what he wanted. And when he realized, he was really a jerk about it.

Yes, he'd have pancakes, but omg he was being such a jerk. And I could tell he was going to be mad at me about it. And I want him pleased, not mad at me. 

So I got in my car and drove to the convenience store and bought eggs while he showered. Brought them home and was there even before he came downstairs.

And then he was fine. He came downstairs, I was frying the eggs, the bacon already done, making the toast, the coffee,I had cream.

He was pleased with me. He was a bit of a jerk about the fact that I had forgotten and had had to go out and get them, but he was pleased with me and just kind of ribbing me.

Can you hear the scary music?

I didn't have jam.

I hadn't realized.

So there was a big fight.

Not hitting. Nothing like that. But cold angry silence.

When he came home it was still cold.

After dinner he called me into the family room. Sat me down and gave me some new rules. About breakfast of all things.  Every morning there is to be bacon, eggs, brown toast, strawberry jam, coffee with cream and sugar.

Everything else is optional. These elements are not. If they aren't available I will be beaten. In a D/s way. Not because he got mad but because I disobeyed a rule.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. For me to remember, because now there's a new rule.

Rules are good, right? They help right?

2 comments:

  1. Hope he gets that colesteral monitored.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were so domestic. Or that your dynamic was. Interesting. I'll be curious to see how this plays out - and glad it's you, not me!!

    sophia

    ReplyDelete